I LOVE this print!
First thing’s first: Turn it inside out.
I seam ripped that out in about 2 seconds.
This will give me the length (hopefully) to make a sundress. I made some amputations…Goodbye collar, sleeves, and shoulders. Also, I turned the shirt around: The back shall become the front and the front shall become the back.
I marked the fabric from the very top (new) edge and angled it all the way down to the existing bottom corner hem. Basically, I’m making an “A-line” fit.
I sewed right on the purple line (on both sides, of course) with our Imagine serger. Before I could clean up the top raw edge, though, I had to sew down the flaps left over from the front henley-ish neckline. The collar is gone, but I left that in tact…
Now, I can serge the top raw edge.
After trying this on, I realized that the original back of the shirt would NOT be a good new FRONT of my dress… No “wardrobe malfunctions” today if you know what I mean. Easy fix: just wear the buttons in the front like you’re supposed to.
I’m still not super comfortable showing off too much thigh so I put on some leggings (and a sweater to cover my arms…) and I headed out to see my #4 brother who’s visiting from Florida.
My niece gave me a makeover too 🙂
And here it is without the sweater
One of these days I’ll be brave and wear it sans cardigan and leggings… In the meantime, it’s a rather cute tunic a mon avis 😉