Don’t let the title deceive you… I did NOT embroider this:
One of our vendors at Job #1 gifted this to us for Christmas. It is a most awesomely comfortable and perfectly fine microfiber/fleece-ish blanket. It would be just wonderful in my new house.
But I’m not digging that logo… no offense to our vendor. I dug around my stash of felt and fleece. Surely I could cover it up somehow.
I grabbed black first.
Hubs’s favorite color is purple, maybe I could use this felt instead…
This is not going very well thus far, so I reverted back to my normal stash of scraps and found a combination I like very much, actually.
I think the plaid will compliment the purple quite nicely, so I sewed them together and trimmed most (not all) of the excess plaid material on my cutting mat.
I’ve never ironed felt before, so I wasn’t sure how horrible this might turn out. Guess what? You can iron it! Good-bye wrinkles. I pinned the material to the offensive blanket corner and sewed it down with a straight stitch on our Janome 8900.
For my next trick, I put the material right side down so I could stitch around the curvature of the blanket corner.
As you can see, I just folded it over by hand and stitched it down. This material is pretty thick: there’s the blanket, the existing blanket binding, my scrap material doubled up & folded over, and this machine sews through it like it’s butter! I love this machine. Truly.
Not bad 🙂
I’m not crazy about that double stitch thing going on… I thought about putting a funky decorative or satin stitch in there to cover it up but, alas, laziness prevails.
Blankets are meant to be used, not just for looking pretty.
It’s a keeper!