“Rainy Day” Burp Cloths: Part V

4 burp cloths down, 1 to go. This is my final installment in my Rainy Day series for using up your scraps πŸ™‚ I was so inspired by BC #4, I decided to do a little more embroidery for our last burp cloth today.

Simply, I did baby Cheyenne’s monogram.

 

Just like the one yesterday, I embroidered this with tear-away stabilizer.

To use up some more of the multi-floral print I had in my stash, I decided to sew a strip to the top and bottom of the burp cloth.

Image

The strips were pretty narrow, so I thought I’d use a super “Satin-y” applique stitch to eliminate the raw edges (as opposed to folding them under and straight stitching them). Plus, every stitch on every BC so far has been different… why break precedence now?

Image

Lovely πŸ™‚

Image

Image

Underside.

Image

5 burp cloths from a set of 5 cloth diapers, which I spent $5.99. The fabric cost me nothing, nor did any of the supplies used in the making of these. It seems like only yesterday I shared these with you… Let’s recap, shall we? πŸ™‚

Image

All different and unique… Yet they look like they “go” together in a set; just the look I was hoping to achieve. Let’s just hope Jess and baby Cheyenne like them.

Image

Wanna hear something really sad? I STILL have a ton of scraps left over! I’ll have to see how I can use them up in another project.

In the meantime, I’d like to know which burp cloth was your favorite. Tell me your vote in the comment section. I’d love to hear from you πŸ™‚

4 thoughts on ““Rainy Day” Burp Cloths: Part V

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s