My good friend and fellow sewing blogger over at Nice dress! Thanks, I made it!! nominated yours truly for a Liebster award 🙂 I’m truly honored. Yes, I’m “honored”…which doesn’t happen very often. Think about it. How often have you been “honored”?… food for thought.
It’s super encouraging to see a comment or a like on my posts. It’s nice to know I’m not just blogging for myself 🙂 What I like about this gal’s blog is that she is a REAL seamstress as opposed to an Accidental one. She uses patterns. And she makes, from scratch, real clothes. It’s very Project Runway, indeed, and I’m flattered that she nominated me.
What is a Liebster Award? This award is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
(I will have my nominations and their questions in my next blog post)
Now, in keeping to the rules of the Liebster Award requirements, I will answer the questions Nice dress! Thanks, I made it!! asked me. They are as follows:
1. What is your favourite snack? Cutie mini oranges. I can’t get enough. I seriously have no less than 3 a day.
2. What is your favourite movie? I’m a sucker for the classics. The original Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Singin’ In the Rain, and White Christmas are easily my favorite.
3. Do you have pets? I had a Snowshoe cat. After 7 years I had to re-home him for various reasons. I still think about him and cry like an idiot. It’s crazy how much I miss him/think about him… Giving him up was so emotional I’ve sworn off future pets. Hubs is still trying to convince me we need a dog, but it’ll never, ever happen 🙂 No pets for us.
4. How long have you been blogging? I’ve been blogging since June of 2013. It seemed easier than “blurbing” my refashions on Facebook…
6. What is your least favourite project and why? By far it’s this one… because it just sucks.
7. Do you have any formal training in your craft? My full time job is as a Janome sewing instructor/salesman. I’ve received training all over the United States (Chicago, New Orleans, Orlando, Indianapolis, etc) on various specialty models from Janome. It wasn’t until recently when I began sewing for fun instead of just my job.
8. Do you have your own craft room? Since my blog reflects my full time job, my employer graciously allows me to utilize all the Janome machines on our show room floor for my refashions. Work is my craft room. 🙂
9. How do you get your ideas? I
blatantly steal draw inspiration from my fellow awesome bloggers. Also, the clothing I see in my favorite stores is my inspiration. I try to recreate the items I would want to purchase for myself. Sometimes, the refashions themselves inspire me: the print is so wacky, or the shape is so weird I’ll want to work with it to create something no one else has.
10. Does your partner support you in your ideas? My husband is my biggest supporter, blogging or otherwise. He believes in me when I don’t believe in myself. He’s always pushing me to be better (not because he thinks I need to be better), but because he just truly wants to see me be happy and be the best I can be.
11. Where do you see yourself in ten years? I see myself refashioning clothing because I want to, not because I’m financially destitute. I see Hubs and I in our forever home (in Florida!) and possibly with a cute little kiddo running around. We’ll see. I’ve always been a live in the moment type. I’m a planner and I value routine; however, thinking about the future future wigs me out in a way I can’t rightly put in to words. All I can hope for 2024 is that my family and I are happy and healthy.
Good questions Nice dress! Thank, I made it!! I’ll be sure to pay it forward to my fellow bloggers. I’ve got to nominate 11 and submit 11 questions for them. That’ll be in the next blog posting. Stay tuned. And, thanks again for the nomination 🙂