I found this for .99 a few weeks ago and fell in love with the print! I do love a fun print.
I don’t love those stupid sleeves or the neckline, so I got to work.
Then I took it in a wee bit as it was a little large on me.
Pin it on both sides to get the fit… I did something different this time: I cut the seams BEFORE I pinned it. The front and back panels of fabric are cut differently (especially on women’s tops)…I thought that cutting the seams first would help me pin it more evenly and, hence, make it easier to sew in the long run. Ya know… without worrying about material bunching and coming out uneven. I was right 🙂 I’ll be doing that from now on.
Then I ran the side seams under my serger.
Then, I had to contend with those pesky raw edges from cutting the sleeves off… I should’ve seam ripped them to make it “prettier” but sometimes I just really don’t want to take the time to do that 🙂 Scissors are a lazy accidental seamstress’s best friend.
I did this fun task on the new Janome 15000! 🙂 This machine ROCKS!
And, last but not least… I wanted to modify that neckline.
Remove the gross mismatched handsewn hackjob and stitch it down for a most pleasant “V” shape.
Today, we got another freakin’ blizzard in Indiana… so, naturally I had to pair this with a sweater. And, even if it was 100 degrees let’s face it… I’d still wear something over my flabby arms! 🙂